[aprssig] Is Firenet Having Problems?

Curt, WE7U curt.we7u at gmail.com
Thu Nov 29 11:52:58 EST 2012

On Wed, 28 Nov 2012, Stephen H. Smith wrote:

> I am suddenly unable to receive the National Weather Service warning areas again on FireNet.

Since when?  A change was made 2 or 3 days ago in the weather alert processing to allow it to connect to the upstream feed.  I've been seeing weather alerts on my Xastir instances connected to Firenet just fine since then.

Firenet is up except for a few minutes here and there when Pete releases a new version of the server software and Gerry updates it.  My firenet scripts have been injecting objects into Firenet without error.  I've been doing the same updates on Firenet-2 and Firenet-3 servers every few days.

> Further, I have noticed a lot of random disconnects and reconnects from Firenet that I am not seeing with the other APRS-IS servers; i.e. the problem seems to not be at my end of the
> Internet.

Not seeing that at home or at work.  Everything looks solid.

--
Curt, WE7U.        http://wetnet.net/~we7u
Closed-minded about open (-source)...