[aprssig] APRS in caves! (mammoth map) & HF test result

Dave B dave at g8kbv.demon.co.uk
Thu Nov 22 07:36:03 EST 2012

Bob..

No need to re-invent the wheel...

Google "Cave Radio".  It's all been done to death many time, and with
great success.  Mostly voice, but some digital too.

http://bcra.org.uk/creg/#radio
http://www.scavalon.be/avalonuk/technical/radio1.htm
http://caves.org.uk/radio/
http://radiolocation.tripod.com/

and there are more of course.

You guys have too many restrictions on what you can do over there, re
modulation scheems etc I think.

Plus the way HF is open these days, you'll probalby suffer mutual QRM
with oher HF users above ground, even if you use QRP.

73..

Dave G0WBX.