[aprssig] APRS, caves! & More HF

Steve Noskowicz noskosteve at yahoo.com
Thu Nov 22 01:50:12 EST 2012

HA HA HA!  LOL for sure. ...  like!

 But check this out ! !

  I emailed the Speleonics news letter editor some questions and after posting my calculations here, just got a reply that said, in part:

"... On the through the earth radio, yes, I have been doing it for quite a while and have some interesting experiments coming up at about 800 feet deep with WSPR.  I have had great success at depths up to 200 feet with WSPR and really like the exact SNR reporting (even if I don't agree with the basis for that SNR - I can hear the signal down to about -12 to -15 dB).

I have been having an exchange with Bob Bruninga about his experiment.  I don't know if I will be able to be there in March, but it would be fun! ..."

Cool juxtaposition of numbers, eh?

73, Steve, K9DCI USN (Vet) MOT (Ret) Ham (Yet)