[aprssig] Cave Surveying

Steve Noskowicz noskosteve at yahoo.com
Wed Nov 21 00:17:00 EST 2012

This is described in the article.  Look @ the first figure to 'see' it:

  https://sites.google.com/site/kendiver/Pinger.pdf?attredirects=0

But basically...
  The caver carries the Tx and carefully suspends it vertically in the cave - it's weighted to hang this way.  This makes the H field perpendicular to the ground directly over the vertically oriented TX.

  You walk over the ground above with the RX loopstick horizontal and find the null in two orthogonal directions.  Bazinga!

73, Steve, K9DCI  USN (Vet)  MOT (Ret)  Ham (Yet)

Up to date APRS Beginner Guide - updated Oct-2011
  http://K9DCI.home.comcast.net
    Click 'APRS Beginner INFO' under Contact

Manage Radio Memories with an Excel Spreadsheet !
Click to tune. Click to capture Radio freq.
All Memories on one page. Cut, Copy, Paste, Print 'em, etc...
For:
TM-D700 |    TH-F6A & F7      |   TS-2000    |   Icom 706MkIIG
All PMs |Real-time & memories | Sat mems too | Loads Mem Tones!
        |Also does MCP.fx files
NOT D710|
A version for the D7 is in the works.

More Details, Features and Downloads at:
  http://k9dci.home.comcast.net/