[aprssig] Cave Surveying

Steve Noskowicz noskosteve at yahoo.com
Tue Nov 20 11:30:46 EST 2012

I remembered.  I poked around from that link and that's where/how I got my info.  There are two versions of that article and they both say  1.16 kHz.  A higher freq and some modulation from the TNC ...

If one were to get really aggressive you could have several of these transmitting from above, each from a different GPS receiver and actually send posit data into the cave.  It would only be discreet locations, but location none-the-less.  Translate this to a micro power transmitters on, say 144.39, and the cave radios wouldn't need any special hardware.

Just ideas...

73, Steve, K9DCI  USN (Vet)  MOT (Ret)  Ham (Yet)