[aprssig] [APRS] APRS in caves!

Bob Burns W9RXR w9rxr_ at rlburns.net
Fri Nov 16 16:40:27 EST 2012

At 02:34 PM 11/16/2012, Robert Bruninga wrote:

>I'd be happy to put together a proposal if we thought we could get 8
>to 15 people to converge on Mammoth Cave Kentucky some weekend with
>their TH-D72s.

I'm about 4 hours away, but would be interested in participating. I
have a TH-D72, a VX-8GR, and a spare TM-D710 that could be operated
on battery power. It's been about 20 years since I've been in Mammoth Cave.

>..  Lemme see if there are any nearby BIG hamfests during the
>year.  (Nashville or Louisville).

The Greater Louisville Hamfest is usually the first Saturday after Labor Day.

http://louisvillehamfest.com/

I think there may also be a hamfest at Bowling Green.

Bob...