[aprssig] aprssig Digest, Vol 101, Issue 16

Lynn W. Deffenbaugh (Mr) ldeffenb at homeside.to
Wed Nov 14 23:17:27 EST 2012

On 11/14/2012 10:26 PM, Perry Chamberlain wrote:
> Is anyone using a Raspberry pi for wx aprs, or as a gateway, instead
> of the usual windows power guzzleing computers.
>
> Ke6anm

Not as low power as a Raspberry, but I use a WebDT 366 running Windows
CE and APRSISCE with a bluetooth to serial link to a TinyTrak4 and an HT
as my KJ4ERJ-1/KJ4ERJ-7 IGate.

I know one station in England that is doing something similar with
APRSISCE on a SIM-less Windows Mobile cellphone with a WiFi Internet
connection as an IGate.  And you get the local map display as well.

Not all "windows" platforms require power guzzling computers.