[aprssig] Need Digi in Kentucky at Mamouth Cave (and APRS in caves!)

Robert Bruninga bruninga at usna.edu
Mon Nov 5 13:25:39 EST 2012

> We need an APRS digi at the Mammoth Cave National Park.
> Here is the list of National Parks and APRS coverage:
> http://aprs.org/aprs-parks.html
>
> With the new Kenwood TH-D72 which can digipeat, it would
> be fun to have a few underground at the same time.

Along those lines, and since now we can extend our radio TEXTING range
inside caves by using multiple hops between TH-D72 digipeating HT's, I have
updated my 1997 APRS Cave Radio web page:
http://aprs.org/cave-link.html

And am floating the idea of maybe having an APRS Communication conference
there...  so we can get enough D72 radios (at least 7) to be able to test
the concept.

Bob, Wb4APR