[aprssig] Easy Access to Multiple Windows Sound Card Controls

Steve Noskowicz noskosteve at yahoo.com
Fri Nov 2 22:55:44 EDT 2012

--- Stephen H. Smith wrote, in part:
> Extracting the icons requires a third-party graphics app.

Steve N. K9DCI replies with:

I found out, Actually not, SS (on Vista at least).

Right click on a shortcut,then  Select Properties. The Shortcut TAB should already be selectewd. Then select the Change Icon [Button}.

On this new Change Icon window, there is a browse button.  Browse to another app in system32 or wherever and pick something.

I just changed my Wireless Network Status Shortcut to a speaker from sndvol.exe.

73, Steve, K9DCI USN (Vet) MOT (Ret) Ham (Yet)