[aprssig] Easy Access to Multiple Windows Sound Card Controls

Steve Noskowicz noskosteve at yahoo.com
Fri Nov 2 18:50:08 EDT 2012

Super, Stephen,

  As I was reading this, I found myself wondering if I could edit any old shortcut (perhaps with a suitable Icon) with the command line and make my own, then I see you have that covered.

  I have been setting up fldigi and DigiTalker for a blind ham and found that same soundcard process very awkward.

P.S. My Vista has no Right Click > New, Shortcut, Mine is "Create Shortcut".

Perhaps you assume we know this:
 Right clicking "Desktop" (anyplace it ppears) or "My Computer" or any other icon gives you an option to "Create Shortcut"; a shortcut for *that* thing.
  You can enter the command line there.  You can change the lable/name as you do any icon by slow clicking the name.

  You can also change the ICON picture itself.
Right click the shortcut ICON, then select "Properties".  Under the "Shortcut" TAB, there should be a [Change Icon] Button.  Pick one.  I don't see anything looking like a speaker oo mic in mine, but anything distinctive can be selected.

Thanks.

73, Steve, K9DCI USN (Vet) MOT (Ret) Ham (Yet)

--

Stephen H. Smith    wa8lmf (at) aol.com
Skype:        WA8LMF

High-Performance Software-Only Packet TNC
   http://wa8lmf.net/miscinfo/UZ7HO-Soundmodem-Install-Ver-0.45-Beta.exe

High Quality Calibrated Static Maps for Any APRS App
   http://wa8lmf.net/aprs/PM9_StaticMap_Export.htm

 Vista & Win7 Install Issues for UI-View and Precision Mapping
    http://wa8lmf.net/aprs/UIview_Notes.htm#VistaWin7

"APRS 101"  Explanation of APRS Path Selection & Digipeating
  http://wa8lmf.net/DigiPaths

-----Inline Attachment Follows-----