[aprssig] APRS return to basics (DR)

Lynn W. Deffenbaugh (Mr) ldeffenb at homeside.to
Mon May 21 08:53:39 EDT 2012

As for station aging, APRSISCE/32 fades them out between a (not
currently easily) configurable minimum and maximum station age.  The
default is 80 minutes (possibly too long?) to 120 minutes the station
will fade from 100% to 5% and then be removed completely.  Yes, you CAN
tell how old a station's information is.   You just have to become
familiar with your tools and how they present information to you.

You don't expect a full-time Yaesu operator to drop a Kenwood in their
mobile and go on a road trip and understand how to use all of the
features of the radio, do you?  How long, Bob, did you work with said
"full color client" before taking it on the road trip?