[aprssig] Help with q-Constructs

Keith VE7GDH ve7gdh at rac.ca
Wed May 16 19:12:31 EDT 2012

Lynn KJ4ERJ wrote...

> Whatever did the receiving probably didn't put the qAR in the packet,
> and UI-View (guessing here) doesn't do any q-Construct mucking but
> simply forwarded the packet to the APRS-IS server upstream from
> there...

That's correct. UI-View doesn't do any q-Construct mucking. It's
all done on the APRS-IS.

http://www.aprs-is.net/q.aspx

Like Gerhard mentioned, there is an option to show the Internet entry
callsign, which should of course be enabled. The "Internet entry point"
tag is ",I" but it could (but shouldn't be) edited. From the help...

   Show Inet entry point callsign - If this option is checked, then
   the IGATE's callsign is inserted in all frames passed to the
   Internet servers. It is inserted as an extra digi, and is suffixed
   with the text specified in Inet entry point tag. Note - this option
   can be set via 'Insert station callsign' in  the 'APRS Server
   Setup' dialogue.

  An example:- [OLD STYLE PATH SHOWN]
  G4IDE's IGATE hears this frame -
  G8MZX>APRS,RELAY,WIDE*:>Some text

  If Show Inet entry point callsign is checked, the frame header is
  altered before the frame is passed to an internet server:-
  G8MZX>APRS,RELAY,WIDE*,G4IDE,I:>Some text

73 es cul - Keith VE7GDH