[aprssig] FREQ Object Formats (call to action)

la3qma at aprs.la la3qma at aprs.la
Tue May 8 10:41:34 EDT 2012

Quoting "Bob Bruninga" <bruninga at usna.edu>:

> ASIDE: Though I should say that reciprocal Licensing agreements of all
> countries REQUIRE that visiting operators UNDERSTAND AND OPERATE in
> accordance with the RULES and procedures and standards of the host country.
> I would be appalled at a licensed traveler that does not do his homework and
> familiarize himself with the standards and operating procedures where he
> intends to travel.

Not to be rude but do we really need aprs then? People just have to in
advance check where every repeater is located before they make a trip
and program it in advance. Then we don't need a QSY object.

For me APRS is to get the information i need localy without the fuz to
check whatever offset, subtone or whatever i'm supposed to use.

So if we agree that on UHF we have to include the offset why make it
more "complex" on VHF?

Kai Gunter
LA3QMA