[aprssig] Kenwood D710A firmware upgrade

Bob Bruninga bruninga at usna.edu
Mon May 7 18:39:59 EDT 2012

> I have not upgraded my D710A firmware yet

I'd wait 2 weeks, since Kenwood usually tries to have a new release at
Dayton each year...

> One thing that does annoy me is the list of stattion moves
> on you when a new station comes in.

>From the earliest, whatever station you are looking at in the station list
will be followed on down as new stations come in, so that you never lose the
view on that station.

But then as a feature, in recent D710's you can select whether the list
SCROLLS with new stations, or stays fixed with the current station.  You can
toggle this with the TOP button when you select the TOP station (#1).

> Just as you were about to see the weather from xxxx ....
> it rolls to a new station on your screen ... doh

Simply toggle the TOP button, to change this mode.

Bob, Wb4APR