[aprssig] How gps works

Joe Jesson jjesson at voyager.net
Sun May 6 13:05:09 EDT 2012

  A great GPS freeware tool to analyze GPS data is u-Center,
http://www.u-blox.com/en/evaluation-tools-a-software/u-center/u-center.html
NMEA data is sent to this tool and the data attributes are shown graphically
as multiple cockpits..   This is a tool I have used over several years in my
commercial tracking biz to solve many GPS problems (excessive DOP errors was
one of the most recent problems which u-Center helped diagnose).. The latest
version has KML integration Google Earth links and a video input to capture
the environment the antenna resides..

Joe Jesson, KC2VGL