[aprssig] [amsat-bb] Party Balloon Long Duration Mission (???!)

R. Rochte rochte at gmail.com
Thu Mar 29 23:59:12 EDT 2012

Here are updated HYSPLIT files based on the information below.  Note that I
ran the prediction at both 4600 meters AGL (the original 15,000 ft altitude
estimate) and 5800 meters (based on tonight's upper air soundings in the
immediate area of the balloon for a temp of -25C).  Both trajectories are
plotted on the same diagram.  Also, these are 48-hour predictions based on
the current GFS model (the last run was 12-hour based on NAM).

PDF file:

http://gptek.net/trajplot_16104.pdf

Google Earth KMZ:

http://gptek.net/HYSPLITtraj_16104.kmz