[aprssig] Blue Horizon Balloon Listen On-Line HERE

Steve Noskowicz noskosteve at yahoo.com
Tue Mar 27 22:50:00 EDT 2012

Bob, et al,

  There is no seed to remember anything except the main site:
  http://www.websdr.org/

  These are multi-user receivers.  Each band has a waterfall display you click on to trceive CW or SSB. You can bring up multiple instances and receive in two places on one band.  As I understand it the software does not support FM.  One of the locals got one of the FunCube SDRs and wants to put it on 2 meter FM here.

  Be sure to look at which bands and which band segments are carried by the locations you think will be useful.  They are just hams, so the hosts may add or remove bands and you may find your choice is gone.

  Gee.  If one of the Azores (or Spanish) hams would put one up, there'd be a transatlantic remote receiver....

  However, these are very handy for listening.  You can use them to listen without a rig anytime you need a "fix" have net access.  Each multi-band site uses amazingly little bandwidth.  IIR about 120k.  I have had several sites up at the same time listening to the same (or different) frequencies.  There is significant time latency you must be aware of.  Not useful for working pileups, fortunately.

Use them as a second receiver or to hear your own signal at the remote location.  This is definitely cool technology.

Go to the main WebSDR site for all the participating stations:

http://www.websdr.org/

Sent from my Knight-Kit Crystal Set.
--
 73, Steve, K9DCI   USN (Vet) MOT (Ret) Ham (Yet)
--

Up to date APRS Beginner Guide - updated Oct-2011
  http://K9DCI.home.comcast.net

Manage Radio Memories with an Excel Spreadsheet !
Click to tune. Click to capture Radio freq.
All Memories on one page. Cut, Copy, Paste, Print 'em, etc...
For:
TM-D700 |         TH-F6A      |   TS-2000    |   Icom 706MkIIG
All PMs |Real-time & memories | Sat mems too | Loads Mem Tones!
NOT D710

More Details, Features and Downloads at:
  http://k9dci.home.comcast.net/

--- On Tue, 3/27/12, Bob Bruninga wrote:

> Keep email addresses of these European reporters.  We are going to need them for out HF only payload later this week.
 Bob, Wb4aPR