[aprssig] Why different freq in Europe vs US?

Steve Daniels steve at daniels270.eclipse.co.uk
Mon Mar 26 12:25:34 EDT 2012

There are around 6 different frequencies in use depending where you are in
the world, normally it makes no difference, but ideally for things like
transatlantic balloons, the ability to change frequency based on longitude
would be good.

At the moment stations in Europe switch frequency to try and receive the
balloons, sadly I cannot easily switch the 144.390 with my APRS system

Steve Daniels

G6UIM

  _____