[aprssig] Blue Horizon Balloon info

Bob Bruninga bruninga at usna.edu
Sun Mar 25 17:06:12 EDT 2012

Well,

Please pass back to the Blue Horizon team that I find their web page to be pretty useless.  Maybe I am not seeing something bccause I have an old browser, but there is no practical or educational information one would expect to see.

Further, it is amazing that a group with such ambitions and background of multiple balloon launches over several years would launch an APRS payload that ignores nearly two decades of recommendations on how to configure an APRS device for balloon operation.

Now I will be the first to admit, that mistakes happen, and believe me, I have made them all...  but, otherwise, we need to get in touch with these folks and ask them to put up a less fancy web page that focuses more on substance.... one with more useful information.  And to use the proper callsign and symbol for a balloon, and most importantly, to use an appropriate APRS path at altitude.

Just some backseat kibitzing.

Bob, WB4APR