[aprssig] Should a digipeater digi a message sent to itself?

Lynn W. Deffenbaugh (Mr) ldeffenb at homeside.to
Tue Mar 20 17:08:10 EDT 2012

That's done with the path, not addressing the digi as an APRS message
destination.

KA2DDO>APJYC1,DIGIA,DIGIB,DIGIC:<packet payload here>

should certainly be digipeted first by A, then B, then C.

However,

KA2DDO>APJYC1,WIDE2-1::DIGIA    :<Message body here>

should still be digipeated by DIGIA if it is configured to respond to an
unused WIDE2 path.

The question comes down to what Andrew means by "designated destination
station".  I've never heard a path component referred to as that, but
I've certainly heard similar words in the context of an APRS message packet.