[aprssig] Two Space Stations on the APRS-IS !

John Ronan jpronans at gmail.com
Wed Mar 14 16:10:20 EDT 2012

On 14/03/12 19:50, Stephen H. Smith wrote:
> On 3/14/2012 3:37 PM, Andrew P. wrote:
>> Maybe it's because the speed field in the message has only 3 digits,
>> so the last (not the first) 3 digits of the actual speed values are
>> being wedged in there (i.e., modulo 1000).
>>
>> Just my guess.....
>>

> Then, wouldn't be better to just leave it out, rather than transmit
> this absurdly inaccurate value?

 From the source
/* Add heading and speed to the object. Note that maximum speed is
        used and that the heading can have leading zeros per APRS spec.
        Maximum speed for imperial system is 999 mph and for the metric
        system this is 539 kmh. */

Anyway, digi_ned was generating those objects automatically. As the
person who requested them is no longer using APRS. I've disabled that
function (they will be generated if someone asks for them), which is
unlikely.

Regards
John
EI7IG