[aprssig] Two Space Stations on the APRS-IS !

Lynn W. Deffenbaugh (Mr) ldeffenb at homeside.to
Wed Mar 14 14:46:41 EDT 2012

Just as a reminder for anyone who missed the earlier announcement of
what my ISS object is about.  If you send an APRS message to ISS (any
content), my auto-responder will respond with information on your
location's next pass.  It works from any station that has recently
beaconed a position.  You can also send a specific station's
callsign-SSID as the message content and the next ISS pass for that
station's most recent location will be returned.  It's a query-on-demand
server rather than one that pushes objects out all the time even when no
one is listening.

Even though the ISS object is the only one I'm "flying" with continuous
packets, you can query any of the popular amateur radio satellites by
name or SATnnnnn (where nnnnn is the assigned satellite number).  For
instance, VO-52 just came back on-line with a new transponder so you can
ask for the next pass by sending any non-callsign-SSID text to VO52.
Mine just said "AOS 5h03m (2348z) E^14" meaning that in 5 hours and 3
minutes from now (23:48z) VO-52 will start a max elevation 14 degree pass.

PS.  See also http://aprsisce.wikidot.com/doc:satsrv