[aprssig] [amsat-bb] Field Day site-to-site texting

Bob Bruninga bruninga at usna.edu
Sun Jun 24 18:57:15 EDT 2012

OOPS!  Well we saw 12 FD sites logged onto the CQSRVR but after seeing no
return-CQ's from anyone else, I ased the author and around midnight he found
a glitch and all of the CQSRVR re-transmitted messages were all stuck at the
server!

So that explains why we all got ACKS and saw that our messages had gone out,
but they hadn't and so none of us were seeing anything.  It is fixed now.
But too late for this fielday.

Anyway, anytime you have a regional, national or global event, don't forget
you can use the CQSRVR for any such global message group.  Just put CQ GROUP
as the first two words of any message and everyone else using the same GROUP
will see them.  For SCOUTS all over the world, try the CQ SCOUTS group
during your campouts.

See details http://aprs.org/cqsrvr.html

Bob, Wb4aPR