[aprssig] Field Day ISS APRS Contacts? Doppler

Lynn W. Deffenbaugh (Mr) ldeffenb at homeside.to
Thu Jun 21 18:49:39 EDT 2012

The satellite is transmitting on 437.550.  When it is approaching you,
you need to listen (RX) higher at 437.560, but TX lower at 437.540.
That way the 10KHz increase will move your 437.540 to 437.550 at the
satellite and you'll hear the satellite's increased 437.550 at 437.560.
Yep, he had it right when RX/TX is relative YOU as the satellite is
approaching.  You have to listen higher but transmit lower when the
satellite is approaching and reverse that when the satellite is flying away.