[aprssig] Few days from the largest amateur radio event...

Lynn W. Deffenbaugh (Mr) ldeffenb at homeside.to
Wed Jun 20 11:19:59 EDT 2012

I searched for this when I put my club's object up, but I can't find the
most recent e-mail list posting that I used.  However a few minutes on
Google gives:

http://www.tapr.org/pipermail/aprssig/2011-May/036526.html

http://www.nwaprs.info/fieldday.htm

http://www.aprs.org/cqsrvr.html

And just in case you own a Prius:

http://www.aprs.org/FD-Prius-Power.html

PS.  I don't believe there's any centralized object standards, but that
sure would be a good thing to do.  Especially after final testing is
complete on the broadest-compatibility frequency spec standards.  I can
see the following recommendations coming together eventually:

Field Day (FD-xxxxxx)
HamFest (This one is out there somewhere)
Repeaters (Local Information Initiative)
EchoLink (EL-nnnnnn)
IRLP (IRLP-nnnn)
AllStar - New kid on the block

And in a perfect world, each of these objects would be tunable by
containing frequency, offset, tone, and range specifications in addition
to textual information....