[aprssig] FireNet Down Again??

Curt, WE7U curt.we7u at gmail.com
Sun Jul 8 11:59:41 EDT 2012

On Sun, 8 Jul 2012, Curt, WE7U wrote:

> On Sat, 7 Jul 2012, Stephen H. Smith wrote:
>
>> [16:45 EDT - 2045 UTC  Sat 7 Jul]
>>
>> My APRS igate/webserver has been trying without success to re-connect to
>> Firenet for over 6 hours now.     Other APRS-IS severs seem to be OK.
>>
>> Is FireNet having problems again, or has the move to it's new location
>> begun?
>
> I'm not having any problems at all with Firenet.  I'm injecting objects there
> and my igate is happy talking to it as well.
>
> However I can't connect to Fifth.aprs.net to inject quakes.  That server is
> not run by Gerry.

Someone else is reporting over on the Firenet list that they can't connect to firenet:10152.  Are you using the same port?  My igate is going in on another port, and I'm probably injecting objects on a different port too.

FWIW:  The port I'm having trouble with on fifth.aprs.net is also 10152.  Maybe that port is turned off by default in newer versions of the server software?

--
Curt, WE7U.        http://www.eskimo.com/~archer
APRS Client Capabilities:  http://www.eskimo.com/~archer/aprs_capabilities.html