[aprssig] 14 day APRS posit archive download?

Steve Dimse steve at dimse.com
Mon Jul 2 11:24:45 EDT 2012

What has been down for a long time is the track maps generated from APRSworld. That is because APRSworld stopped serving those maps long ago and I have not yet updated the default tracking maps to something that works. I hope to have some time this winter to do a lot of updating on findU, it has been neglected for too long. Now that I'm retired I hope to show it a little love when I get back from a long RV trip in November.

The findU database, which is what Xastir uses, is working fine. In fact I emailed Dave the data he wanted right after he asked for it. The track maps works as well as long as you use a geo file for the map you want, for example this is my track overlain on the Key West radar.

http://www.findu.com/cgi-bin/track.cgi?call=k4hg-8&geo=rad_byx.geo&start=9999

or on a USA map

http://www.findu.com/cgi-bin/track.cgi?call=k4hg-8&geo=usa.geo&start=99999

The only geos on my site are the USA map and the US radars. The idea is you make your own geos and findU drops the data on top. Info is at http://www.findu.com/geo.html