[aprssig] RK3KKPK? (CONNECTED Igates?)

Alan P. Biddle APBIDDLE at UNITED.NET
Sun Jan 29 18:44:56 EST 2012

Got this from the IGate manager.  Thanks to all who provided the pieces and
clues needed so track this down.

73s,

Alan
WA4SCA

==============================

Subject: Re: I-Gate

I see what happened. RK3KPK is a BBGATE user who frequently
telnets or netroms
into BBGATE. He's a curious follow who stumbled across the gateways
RF port servicing the APRS packets on 144.390. That port has not,
yet, been restricted. So, when
rk3kpk checked the heard list on the port, he thought there were lots
of keyboard
stations available for contact. Ergo, he attempted to initiate a
connection in hopes
of chatting with a 'local' laptop or tnc. There's nothing clandestine
about his activity.
If anything, it's my bad for leaving that RF accessible to the
general ham community. As it turns out, I believe he as been the only
user who actually tried going out on
that port to connect with INDIO or any other station listed on the
APRS port heard list.

Good catch guys.
73, Jack