[aprssig] RK3KKPK? (CONNECTED Igates?)

Bob Bruninga bruninga at usna.edu
Sat Jan 28 20:45:46 EST 2012

> looks like it just got solved, I picked up a message
> on my packet bbs from RK3KPK, looks like he is using
> internet gateways and that might explain him ending
> up on 144.390 thinking it was a lap.

Very interesting.  I had forgotten so much about regular packet!!!  SO somehow there was a wormhole from regular packet to 144.39 in Southern California?

Come to think about it, have I been asleep?  Why couldn't we have an IGate system on 145.01 all over the USA linked into an IGATE system so that everyone's TNC was only a one-hop CONNECT away from any other TNC in the world?

We could call it APRS-CONNECT on 145.01 (if it has not been taken over by a DX cluster)...

Bob, WB4APR