[aprssig] Really CHEAP Puck-type USB GPS Receiver

Sander Pool sander_pool at pobox.com
Sat Jan 21 00:48:14 EST 2012

I'm pretty sure I understood the question and that my answer was
correct. Boyd asked if a serial -cable- could be soldered in front of
the USB circuitry. The answer is still 'no', sorry. You need to add a
MAX232 or something similar to do the level conversion.

IMO you're better of buying a serial GPS dongle that already has the
RS-232 level conversion in it unless you're comfortable soldering a
MAX232 and associated resistors and caps. Of course your mileage may vary

Boyd, please correct me if I misunderstood your question.

     Sander W1SOP