[aprssig] Radio Pirates

Dave dave at g8kbv.demon.co.uk
Mon Jan 16 07:51:35 EST 2012

Gues you meant to type 146.10/146.70

They  must have been working split, or had a repeater on board.  Probably
the latter at a guess, hence the "considerable expense" replacing it all!

It's not a UK/EU Amateur allocation (our 2m band only goes from 144 to
146MHz over hear) so they could indeed be OK to use this side of the
pond, but yes, it was the shipping co's foul up, obviously not specifying
they would be used worldwide, not just arround the UK/EU.

There is also extensive Russian/Eastern European Taxi, Courier and
similar FM activity on the 10m band at present.  From the signal levels,
running some power too.

Regards.

Dave G0WBX.