[aprssig] Radio Pirates

Steve Noskowicz noskosteve at yahoo.com
Sun Jan 15 21:00:55 EST 2012

--- Mark Earle <wa2mct at mearle.com> wrote that:
> > --- Mike Galgano wrote:
> >> Too bad about the Wouxun, Steve K9DCI, I was kind of wanting one.

Steve replied:
>  While not a solution for everyone, two chip caps can
> bring it into Part 97 complicance (at least one of which has
> an open slot on the PCB, as I understand it).

and Mark replied:
> ... It is the UV-3R Baofeng which, depending on model, has the
> vhf 2nd harmonic; and indeed, adding one cap (mod 1)
> or two caps (mod 2) will solve the problem.. On UHF, it is
> OK as-is.

  Correct.  It is the Baofeng UV-3R of which I spoke, but there appears to be, as far as I can tell, another "UV-3R" out there of which I know nothing.  Because my contact at ARRL said it appeared to be a sensitive issue and tha they were looking at it, I backed off from any further action.

--
 73, Steve, K9DCI