[aprssig] Radio Pirates

Bob Bruninga bruninga at usna.edu
Sat Jan 14 11:56:15 EST 2012

Chinese Radios invade:

Went to local flea market today (34F degrees out) for a wwod stove and was shocked to see a guy selling brand-new boxes of VHF and UHF, and Dual band HT's fully programmable from 140 to 170 and 440 to 570 MHz 5 to 7 watts.

He had several brands and some were even dual band.  Most boxes had chinese instructions.

Radios were between $65 to $80 each.

I guess I knew that these were available, but now that they are being sold in large quantities at general (non ham) flea markets, I guess the cat is out of the bag. They have full TT pads too..

watch the airwaves...

Bob, WB4APR