[aprssig] Mic-E Type Codes

Lynn W. Deffenbaugh (Mr) ldeffenb at homeside.to
Wed Jan 11 14:51:15 EST 2012

(I'm post this to the aprssig to highlight recent changes for other
software authors that might have missed them)

Bob,

I noticed that on 26 Oct 2011 you added a new manufacturer type code of
* to http://aprs.org/aprs12/mic-e-types.txt for "APOZxxÿ www.KissOZ.dk
Tracker. OZ1EKD and OZ7HVO" (yes, there seems to be a y following the xx
resulting in an invalid 7 character application identifier).  Either I
missed the notification here or you didn't post one.  But no matter,
I've gotten used to polling for changes as I try to keep up with the
latest definitions.

On reading more closely to see what else I might have missed, I noticed
that you still have / and \ in the list of future type codes, but yet
they're allocated to Hamhud and Argent in the table just above.  I
believe you should list it in one place or the other, but not both as it
leaves one uncertain as to the actual status of those two codes.

PS.  Interestingly the revision text at the top of
http://www.aprs.org/aprs11/tocalls.txt doesn't mention APOZxx but yet it
IS listed below.  It is hard enough for software authors to keep up with
unannounced file changes, but at least can we ask for a reliable history
header?