[aprssig] Yag Tracker

Heikki Hannikainen hessu at hes.iki.fi
Mon Jan 2 14:33:40 EST 2012

On Mon, 2 Jan 2012, Bob Bruninga  wrote:

>>> Also, does a Yag Tracker have its own tocall...
>
>> I am not sure Bob has assigned one to the YagTracker...
>
> Normally it is requested by the designer after checking the liast and looking at what is on the air...
>
> http://aprs.org/aprs11/tocalls.txt
>
> I notice that APYxxx only shows Yaesu right now, but I do not know how they are asigning them.  Can anyone do a search?
>
> You might consider starting with APYAGx for your first 10 versions.

If you have allocated APYxxx to Yaesu, it might be a good idea to keep it
that way, as APYAGx will be detected by Yaesu by many.

APGTxx would be free, it would give more than 10 version numbers, and
would avoid the requirement to come up with a second identifier when
firmware version 11 comes out (which would slow down detections as the
database grows unnecessarily, and add to the work load of everyone
maintaining detection code and adding these detections manually).

It would be really neat to have these maintained and published in a
machine-readable format somewhere so that it would be easy to keep
detections up-to-date.

   - Hessu