[aprssig] New GPS LNAs resist jamming (interference) ?

Steve Noskowicz noskosteve at yahoo.com
Mon Jan 2 11:09:55 EST 2012

This is indeed interesting, but a little misleading to call it 'jamming resistant'. Intentional jamming on frequency has no countermeasure.

 Interference resistant, ok.

What this chip does is to increase the mixer current, when it detects strong, out of band signal conditions, to increase ilnearity and thus IM (IP3) resistance.

This is both good news and not so good news.

  Good because it is indeed clever and helpful (at the cost of some battery drain).

Perhaps not so good because it gives the LightSquared folks ammunition to say; See!, See! we told you the GPS receivers are at fault and can be made better...

--
 73, Steve, K9DCI