[aprssig] Can objects/items dead-reckon?

Andrew P. andrewemt at hotmail.com
Mon Feb 27 16:54:33 EST 2012

Ok, so one more question. Can weather stations move? The protocol spec isn't clear about separating the wind speed and bearing from the station's speed and course in position reports. There is no ambiguity when sending positionless weather reports.

In other words, do storm chasers use APRS to transmit weather data from their moving vehicles? ;-)

Andrew Pavlin, KA2DDO