[aprssig] APRS packet rates

Keith VE7GDH ve7gdh at rac.ca
Sat Feb 25 22:39:02 EST 2012

Andrew VK4TEC wrote...

> Do you think a home station / fill in digi beacon rate of 2
> minutes is excessive for a fixed site?

That would be a definite yes. For that matter, I would consider
any station beaconing at a 2 minute rate 24 / 7 / 365 to be
excessive. Whether it's the end of the world or not kinda depends
on how busy the frequency is, but I don't think anyone would argue
with the 10 minute rate that Lynne mentioned. If it was capable of
sending most beacons direct but once or twice an hour it used a
one or two hop path, even better.

73 es cul - Keith VE7GDH