[aprssig] Kenwood THD72A messages

John Lay jlay at laysonline.com
Sat Feb 25 17:48:59 EST 2012

I don't have the THD72A, but a THD7A. On my HT, when you hit the MSG
button, it displays "List" "Input" "Transmit"... selecting "Input" allows
the entry of a call sign and message to send.  Maybe the THD72A works the
same?

My HT starts with a call displaying (last sent) and allows editing of the
call.

I looked at the manual for your HT, and it seems you hit MSG, then MENU
keys, then select New and you can enter a call sign for the message.

After scanning the manual, I see that this is a very nice HT.

HTH

John, KG4LVA

On Sat, Feb 25, 2012 at 4:23 PM, Andrew Rich <vk4tec at tech-software.net>wrote:

> **
> Can the Kenwood THD72A only send messages "back" to a station in its
> message list ?
>
> The manual and my radio do not seem to allow me to start a new message ?
>
> - Andrew -

John Lay
jlay at laysonline.com