[aprssig] TransAtlantic Balloon on 28 MHz (signal)

Andre aprs at pe1rdw.demon.nl
Thu Feb 23 17:44:05 EST 2012

Op 23-2-2012 23:22, Bill Vodall schreef:
>>> Do you have a 10 meter (28 MHz) vertically polarized beam?
>> The response was as expected.  No one has.
> Hard core CB'ers used them back in the good ol' days...

It might be regional, around here most CB dxers use(d) horizontal yagis
and quad beams, line of sight communication was/is nearly always done
with groundplanes like a sigma 5/8th.

offcourse turning a horizontal quad into a vertical one is easy and if
used in diamond configuration the pole won't give to much distortion,
might effect swr a bit but in this case we are recieving only.

73 Andre PE1RDW