[aprssig] SPOT engine on APRS.FI

Stephen H. Smith wa8lmf2 at aol.com
Mon Feb 20 10:17:46 EST 2012

On 2/20/2012 10:11 AM, Bob Bruninga wrote:
> I wonder if we should implement a SPOT engine that looks for messages to SPOT and then turns them into objects at the senders location.

SPOT -- Bad choice of word.   I thought you were referring to the SPOT
emergency locator satellite sevice.  Then when you started taking about people
on the Appalachian Trail, I through even more you were referinging to  the
satellite service.

Perhaps POI   (Point Of Interest as in map databases and Garmin GPS car
navigators) would be a better term.   Also it saves one character in APRS
message lines.