[aprssig] 433 MHz operation

Andrew Rich vk4tec at tech-software.net
Sun Feb 19 16:00:39 EST 2012

Hello

I have been follwing Scott's dablings with 433 MHz and would like to share mine as well.

I took a 1 Hz GPS, a PIC chip and an EasyRadio 19k2 module.

We flew it in a glider, and I was quite surprised at the distance we got.

I would also like to take it a step further and pass $GPWPL messages over the air.

The intent would be that other people could use a GPS to rx and display on thier GPS screens.

Here is a photo of my prototype 433 MHz 1 Hz GPS 19k2 on air rate 100 mW

I also have a 5 Hz GPS I must fire up.

The tranmission of the easy radio is very short indead.

http://tech-software.net/tracker%200501.JPG

- Andrew Rich -

VK4TEC - Brisbane Australia