[aprssig] APRS Local Info Initiative

Bob Bruninga bruninga at usna.edu
Fri Feb 17 15:33:05 EST 2012

>> SO I guess if you want the radio to QSY,
>> then you should include it.

> Looking at the format, does it go after the tone,
> and does there need to be a space before and after
> the offset?

It has a leading space and goes after the Txxx.

But I screwed up badly when we decided to make it in 10 KHz increments to
make it fit the 10x10x format only to realize that seeing +060 to mean +600
KHz is kinda offputting.  I tried to recoupe tosay that a trailing "0" is
permissible, but I am not sure I can get both Kenwood and Yaesu to recognize
it.  SO best I can say is to try both.

> Also, can S be used for simplex, or should it just be blank?

Leave it blank.  It should make it simplex.

Bob, WB4APR