[aprssig] TransAtlantic Balloon on 28 MHz ?

Bob Bruninga bruninga at usna.edu
Fri Feb 17 08:31:41 EST 2012

>> The transmitter is only 10 milliwatts, we only expect line-of-sight
contact.

> The I expect you are reaching out to hams on Bermuda and in the Azores?
> I definitely think the cruising sailor community can help.
> ... but at least you could get signal strength and "fact of" reception.

Yes, at least APRSdos can make predictions based on signal strength, and
that will probably be our best method.  I need to work up a method of
somehow making sense of "S-meter" reports.  My thinking is that we will want
reports of S meter reading compared to S meter with no signal.

Bob, Wb4APR