[aprssig] 433 MHz operation

Scott Miller scott at opentrac.org
Wed Feb 15 16:57:56 EST 2012

On 2/15/2012 10:45 AM, Lynn W. Deffenbaugh (Mr) wrote:
> So, you're not talking about selling just the Transceiver to hook to a
> TNC, but an integrated Transceiver/TNC unit that interfaces via USB to a
> PC ala the OTUSB? Sounds nice. Be nicer with Bluetooth so it could be
> wires-free!

I might sell the transceivers separately for hobbyists (I don't think
anyone stocks the 500 mW version in the states - I've only seen the
low-power ISM version) but it wouldn't be easily connected to a normal TNC.

So yeah, it's presently an OTUSB on one side of the board and radio on
the other.  You could replace the MCU with the T3's MCF51JM128 and have
a Tracker3.  The code written to support the radio should compile just
fine for the T3, but I haven't tried yet.

Either of those give you basically a single-chip USB TNC with only a few
external components - and with this radio the interface is SPI so
there's not even any of the usual input and output analog filters.
Makes it easy to build small integrated systems.

Scott
N1VG