[aprssig] 433 MHz operation

Scott Miller scott at opentrac.org
Wed Feb 15 16:43:52 EST 2012

They're frequency-agile so it's not so much a matter of pre-setting the
frequency, but the reference crystal will control exactly what part of
the band they can cover.

There's also a version of the transceiver that covers the whole 33 cm
band (the US allocation anyway) and would be a drop-in replacement
requiring only a couple of minor code tweaks to set the frequency right.

I figure I should be able to sell the transceivers themselves for not
more than $20 each.  And my prototype tracker, less antenna and battery,
weighs 30 grams so I'm eager to try it out on a balloon.

Scott
N1VG