[aprssig] 433 MHz operation

Scott Miller scott at opentrac.org
Wed Feb 15 13:40:23 EST 2012

Yes, when I said the OTUSB uses them transparently, I mean that they
behave exactly like they would for normal APRS, including KISS mode.
Buffering is still limited, but that will be changing - the OTUSB and T3
both have RAM available for a larger outgoing packet buffer, but the
code needs some major changes and a lot of testing to make sure it can
handle transmitting continuously while it still does everything else
simultaneously.

The current prototype boards only have a USB mini-B connector and a
6-pin wafer connector for a GPS receiver, and no regular RS-232 serial
ports.  The PA needs a 12v supply, so they still need an external power
source aside from USB.

Scott
N1VG