[aprssig] Beaconing repeaters as stations?

Pete Loveall AE5PL Lists hamlists at ametx.com
Mon Feb 6 16:28:48 EST 2012

Something is definitely amiss.  There are two major issues here: the invalid punctuation in the callsign and the IGate is gating a q construct to RF.  While 146.82- is obviously not a callsign, it also does not adhere to the rules for AX.25 or APRS-IS callsign composition of alphanumeric characters with a maximum of on hyphen followed by a maximum of 2 alphanumeric characters for a maximum of 9 characters and is therefore invalid.  The third-party header does not conform to APRS specifications (q constructs are never seen on RF and the only valid construct would be ",TCPIP,N3HF-5*:" if being gated to RF by N3HF-5).

I recommend that you contact N3HF and determine if his software is generating these invalid packets.  If it is, I would be happy to work with him -off list- to resolve these issues.

73,

Pete Loveall AE5PL
pete at ae5pl dot net