[aprssig] Q: Digi behavior for APRS vs. Packet

Steve Noskowicz noskosteve at yahoo.com
Sat Dec 29 14:13:06 EST 2012

  Do current digis handle the 'old fashioned' Packet packets the same as they used to, or are they tailored only for APRS?  I thought normally TOCALL'ed packets were handled the old way, or do all/many/some APRS client/digis hack them up some how?  Intentionally or inadvertently.

 I was curious and wrote that FJ-9 fella aswking what he was doing.  He took several emails to convince to shorten his path (when he is outside "his network" in which he and his buddies "send encrypted data"), but says his standard Packet "picture" packets get shortened by the "APRS digis"  (don't know why he brought this up).  He was't complete in explaining.

73, Steve, K9DCI USN (Vet) MOT (Ret) Ham (Yet)

Up to date APRS Beginner Guide - updated Oct-2011
http://K9DCI.home.comcast.net
Click 'APRS Beginner INFO' under Contact

Manage Radio Memories with an Excel Spreadsheet !
Click to tune. Click to capture Radio freq.
All Memories on one page. Cut, Copy, Paste, Print 'em, etc...
For:
TM-D700 | TH-F6A & F7 | TS-2000 | Icom 706MkIIG
All PMs |Real-time & memories | Sat mems too | Loads Mem Tones!
|Also does MCP.fx files
NOT D710|
A version for the D7 is in the works.

More Details, Features and Downloads at:
http://k9dci.home.comcast.net/