[aprssig] Pocket Packet / messagae ACKs

Keith VE7GDH ve7gdh at rac.ca
Sun Dec 16 15:54:26 EST 2012

I'm not a Pocket Packet (iPhone, iPad, etc.) user, but exchanged
some APRS messages with one today. I received messages from
the user's iPad, and they received my replies, but they did NOT
send ACKs back to me. The user couldn't find a setting for enabling
or disabling ACKs. He does of course have a validated connection.
Any Pocket Packet users that could comment on this? Tnx!

PS - an iGate 128 km away gated messages from the iPad to
me on RF (stupidly) with a WIDE1-1,WIDE2-1 path. I sent
messages to the operator. Hopefully they can whip their iGate
into shape. I also commented on a digi near the iGate that
was sending its own beacons with the same two hop path.
Fixed stations (let alone digis and iGates) should be using
WIDE1-1 in their path. Hopefully the iGate operator can get
in touch with the digi operator to get it fixed too.

73 es cul - Keith VE7GDH